This hearty fish chowder is perfect for lunch or dinner as the season turns chillier.
2 tablespoons of butter
2 sweet onions
4 large red potatoes
3 cups of clam juice
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon of thyme
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
dash of paprika
2 1/2 pounds cod fish, with bones all removed
2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Sauté onions in butter. Heat butter in large pot at medium heat, add onions cooked until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add clam juice and 1/4 cup water, and simmer, on medium-low heat. Add potatoes, thyme, salt and pepper, and paprika. Bring to simmer, then to medium, and cook covered until potatoes are done, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat heavy cream in separate pot until very warm, but not boiled. Add fish and warmed cream to soup.
- Return to stove and cook, on low heat uncovered until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE HEAT. When fish is cooked through, remove from heat. Mix in parsley. The flavors will be extra good if left to rest 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with wicked crusty bread and fresh butter or crackers. YUMMMMY YUM!!!